Enriching communities with performance
A blessing to Rochdale and it’s communities, the last few years have been the most difficult and Skylight's work is valued & needed more than ever within the Borough.
– Mohammed ‘Shiri’ Sheraz, Army of Kindness
The youth groups loved taking parting and learning new skills
– Rochdale Connections (RCT)
Inspiring the next generation
Circus for Schools
Skylight Circus Arts offer group taster sessions with options from 1.5 hours to a full day. Sessions cover a variety of skills from trapeze to stilt walking. We can offer bespoke workshops for any group or event:
Skylight Sessions are:
- In our studio theatre or in your space
- Sensitive and supportively staffed
- Non competitive and inclusive
- All ages and abilities
Short Circus Workshop
A popular 90 minute session for up to 30 participants (a class). Easily achievable skills like feather-balancing are taught to the whole group first. Success breeds success! Trainers give an entertaining demonstration of skills and participants either choose which to concentrate on or are divided into groups, moving around activities.
Full day Circus Workshop
More skills are added, including: tightwire, stilt-walking, unicycles and pyramids. The group can perform skills at the end of the session, to each other or an informal audience e.g. family or colleagues!
Workshops are designed around client’s needs
- In Skylight’s space or your venue
- For all ages
- For groups with disabilities and ‘hard to reach’ groups
- For the whole school, a year or a specific group
- From 1.5 hours to all day
- A variety of specific skills or fun ‘have-a-go’ tasters
- A ‘one-off’ or a residency or performance project over several sessions
Skylight Circus workshops
- Have an ethos of co-operation, are non competitive and everyone feels included!
- Are taught in a safe supportive environment
- Increase spatial awareness, co-ordination, fitness, flexibility and self esteem
- Build confidence through learning, challenging and achieving
- Give opportunities for participants to be wowed by trainer’s skills
90 Minute Workshop*please note, these prices are an approximate only and do not include travel costs
- Usually only do these workshops for schools local to Rochdale. We can run a workshop of 90 mins covering basics in most hand held circus skills.
Half Day Workshop*please note, these prices are an approximate only and do not include travel costs
- We can run half day workshops, working with a few classes running shorter workshops or a longer session with just one class.
Full Day Circus Workshop*please note, these prices are an approximate only and do not include travel costs
- In a full day we can do 5 taster workshops throughout the day with different classes, or longer with more skills yet fewer amount of sessions.